the four and a half pound biscuit

So I was on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Did not go anywhere, just stayed around the house and got to do the things that I love all week. Cook, craft, go junkin, play Suzy Homemaker. I spent much time perfecting a wonderful southern buttermilk biscuit recipe. I made a batch nearly everyday. Sometimes two batches. Good stuff. There's nothing like a good biscuit. And I can now produce a darn good biscuit, if I do say so myself. Life is good when you start the day with a fresh, hot, dense yet fluffy, flaky, buttery biscuit with strawberry jam.

Yes life is good! Until it is time to go back to work, and you realize that your dressy work clothes don't quite fit like they did a week prior. Four and a half pounds worth of the good life is now hanging out around my mid section and thighs!

So what's a girl to do? Buy a new wardrobe? Yeah right! I suppose I will be wearing my more snugly fitting attire until I lose the biscuits. Eat right and exercise. Fun Fun!

1 comment:

ac8095 said...

Damn the biscuits. They ARE the devil's handiwork. Now, bring some to work so I can snack.

  © Blogger template Werd by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009___banner image modified from original by lepiaf.geo

Back to TOP